Located on the back field of KCC is our BMX track.
At KCC our BMX track is located at the back of our sports field. Participants can challenge themselves at this activity by attempting the different sized jumping mounds, completing a time trial of the track or playing pursuit with a friend. Starting position is usually on top of the ‘Big Mound”, All riders must ride in the same direction around the track and must be wearing a helmet and shoes when on the bikes. Only one adult is needed to supervise riders during the activity. No special qualification is required to run this activity apart from a brief training session provided by KCC staff.
We have at least 6 BMX Bikes with helmets.
Prerequisites of Activity Instructor:
Before a leader is to run this activity they must have the following prerequisites:
- Be over 18 years of age (or competent/ experienced 16+ years)
- Show evidence of leading and supervising skills Induction:Once adequate leaders have been accepted, as set out with the prerequisites, KCC staff must induct them into the site and the SOP. This induction must include the following:
- Shown where the equipment is kept
- Staff to go over brief with instructions and photos for the leaders’ reference.
- Leaders are made aware of how to get help if a problem occurs.
Feel free to download the links below when preparing for your camp experience:
KCC SOP BMX (91.1 KiB)